Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back to Cycling

When I was a child, I had no choice but to cycle to school and then to my Engineering College. Then I completely forgot all about it until 8 or 9 years later when my car broke down while in Columbus, OH. I decided to reduce my dependence on the automobile and started cycling. I soon discovered that, I really enjoyed cycling. I started biking back and forth to work which was a 7 mile stretch one way. Also, I did 20 mile stretches during the weekend through Antrim park bike paths in Columbus.

In 2008, we made a family decision to move back to India for good and I ended up selling my old Huffy Omni 10 road bike.

Ever after returning to India, I wanted to get back on the saddle, but didn't really get that opportunity anytime soon. But about 2 weeks back, I resigned from my permanent employment to become a consultant and a  trainer. The very first thing I did on my day at home was to get myself a new Hero Hawk Nu Age 12 speed Road bike. The local shop assembly was mediocre and I enjoyed resetting the bike. Also, I removed all the heavy machinery on the bike, the mud guards, the carrier, the aero bar and so on. Now it has started to look a lot like a road bike.

Also, I have restarted riding 15 kms a day in the morning with a friend of mine. So far, its been great ...

No comments:

Post a Comment